By Loretta L. Worters, Vice President, Media Relations, Triple-I
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF) will host the Inclusion Insurance Global Conference June 13-15 at the New York Hilton Midtown.
The first international conference event since the 2019 Women in Insurance Global Conference, will bring hundreds of insurance professionals, C-suite executives, and experts in leadership and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), together. and sustainability, wellness, and business leaders in the fields of developing ideas to take action and provide actionable strategies and solutions.
What makes any conference strong is the quality of the content and speakers. The organizing committee of the IICF, which changes every year, is made up of industry professionals who are closest to the issues of the day, representing both the United States and the United Kingdom in the planning process. It’s the companies working together that make this conference so powerful.
This year’s conference will feature emerging topics in leadership, personal and professional growth, the insurance industry, and the future of work.
The topics of leadership are:
- Personal Financeand Jean Chatzky – Today Show financial editor for 25 years and founder and CEO of HerMoney.com and coaching programs FinanceFixx and InvestingFixx;
- Building Women’s Community Voices, and Emily Donahoe, founder/principal, WOMENSPEAK Education; and
- Traveling Between Different Agesand Chris Desantis, author, speaker and podcast host of Cubicle Confidential.
Company titles include:
- Attracting Customers to Provide Insurance (In an Integrated Way)and Claire Burns of The Hartford.
Included topics are:
- Changing Conversations About Racism, Prejudice, and Opportunity Using Brain Science, and best-selling author and speaker Eric Bailey; and
- Changing the Workplace for the Betterand diversity speaker, author, and consultant Michelle Silverthorn.
Other speakers include:
- Carmen Duarte, vice president, Diversity, Inclusion & Social Impact, Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions; and
“IICF is pleased to welcome the panel of speakers for the eleventh year of what was formerly known as the IICF Women in Insurance Conference Series,” said Elizabeth Myatt, vice president, chief program officer, and executive director of the IICF Northeast Division. . “This event is a great asset to our industry as we bring together insurance professionals of all ages and sectors to discuss, learn and promote critical solutions.”
Myatt, who has led the conference since its inception, said it is his favorite part of the job. He said: “It was interesting to see the change in the topics of the meetings. “It’s not just about gender – it’s all about diversity, leadership, and creativity and it’s the business of the company itself, which has made it relevant and beneficial to those who come.”
Myatt recognizes the importance of developing DEI, which should be integrated into all aspects of the business, and everyone should see the value of sharing it. He said that this year’s Congressional report explained some of the ways that insurance companies have helped.
“There has been progress in gender equality and for African-Americans, although we haven’t made as much progress in the Puerto Rican community as we would like,” he said. “Through our meetings and IDEA Council’s development of the IICF Talent Hub – an online resource for job seekers to learn about insurance industry jobs and career opportunities – and the Mentoring Alliance, which will prepare, encourage, and empower talented individuals diverse. by pairing them with role models and partners from leading companies across industries, we’re starting to see results.”
The theme of the last four years of the international conference has been to advance ideas for action, Myatt said.
“We want to provide tools, and new ideas. We don’t want the ideas that are being shared to stay in the room,” he said. “We plan to give our audience ways to change, whether it’s personal, professional, or cultural.”
To register, for the conference, visit: https://inclusion.iicf.org/.